MONITORING AND EVALUATION SPECIALIST
- Anticipated Start Date: TBD
- Work Location: Dhaka and rural Bangladesh
- Other Possible Locations: Bangladesh
- Expected Travel: up to 30%
- Language Requirement: English (required); Bangla (strongly preferred)
- Employee Duration: Active Full-Time
- Type of Post: Accompanied by family
Funding: THIS POSITION IS PENDING DONOR APPROVAL
*CARE encourages Bangladeshi nationals and international candidates to apply.
Our diversity is our strength; we encourage people from all backgrounds and experiences, particularly women, to apply.
CARE Bangladesh seeks a Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist to support an upcoming, USAID-funded, project titled “Women’s Empowerment Activity”.
This effort aims to increase women’s leadership in their communities, enhance females’ collective and individual abilities to make decisions, and improve the target population’s access to income-generating activities, specifically in agriculture. By providing women with more, and deeper, avenues to access non-traditionally-female domains of activity – such as participation in public discourse, financial management, and decision-making in farming and off-farm production – the project will help distribute the gender balance of power from hegemonic household and community actors to rural, often poor, women – while acknowledging cultural norms and giving hegemonic actors a space to voice potential concerns about greater female autonomy.
The successful Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist will develop indicators on women’s socio-political and economic participation. S/he will strengthen data quality and reporting systems, monitor performance plan implementation, and work with team members, local counterparts, and implementing partners to strengthen evaluation capacity.
Finally, the M&E Specialist will play a large role in assisting efforts to develop, standardize collection, and utilize the data and reporting forms for the target population and other key stakeholders.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
The M&E Specialist will develop a methodology and tools to design an evaluation, while assessing the reliability and validity of indicators. S/he will collaborate with project staff to finalize the indicator list and begin supervising data collection. The M&E Specialist will also inquire into the generalizability of project data across the population of women program participants and local, non-program-participating women, and will oversee data analysis. S/he will then supervise production of a series of evaluation reports, which will include recommendations based on empirical data that help Mission and program staff make informed decisions. These reports include the PMP, annual work plans (including targets), quarterly reports, and annual reports – which, together, will form a useful basis for a discussion around the Mission’s M&E system and project’s impact.
- Analyzing (breaking-down) and synthesizing (re-building) program results and information on program areas;
- Performing Data Quality Assessments (DQAs) and routine project monitoring on those indicators;
- Developing and maintaining a site visit calendar for DQAs, environmental reviews, and other periodic reports;
- Facilitating fiscal-year target setting exercises;
- Supervising data entry, analysis, re-programming, and reporting;
- Overseeing annual work plans and quarterly reports;
- Creating a learning agenda for the project team;
- Strengthening partner-level M&E systems; and
- Building capacity through participatory workshops on how to conduct M&E in the field.
- Minimum eight years’ experience designing, managing, and implementing multidisciplinary and results-based M&E surveys.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in a relevant field.
- Extensive experience in M&E work for international donor/USG agencies or
- international NGOs.
- Excellent communications skills in English (FSI level IV), both written and orally.
- Knowledge of Bangla strongly preferred.